JOHN M.S. LECKY UBC BOATHOUSE JOB DESCRIPTION
DEPARTMENT: Athletics & Recreation
FACILITY: John M.S. Lecky UBC Boathouse
POSITION TITLES: Venue Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Part Time/Casual
TOTAL # OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 2
The John M.S. Lecky UBC Boathouse requires Venue Coordinators to assist corporate and wedding clients with medium to large events. Job responsibilities include: overseeing the safety of both guests and the facility, opening and closing the building, setting up and taking down all the tables and chairs, assisting clients with audio-visual (AV) needs, performing facility maintenance as needed, ensuring that the building is respected and that clients and their guests are adhering to the rules and guidelines. Must be available evenings and weekends including holidays.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide exceptional customer support to building users and guests
- Answer customer inquiries via phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Assist clients with AV and other needs
- Assisting with set-up, organization and preparation for all major events happening at the UBC Boathouse
- Lift or move heavy objects or equipment as set up requires
- Process cash, credit and debit transactions accurately
- Inventory counting and checking
- Minor maintenance and cleaning tasks as necessary
- Filing and various administrative tasks
- Registering customers for memberships and programs using CLASS software
- Uphold and enforce facility policies and procedures
- Attendance at all mandatory staff meetings
- Performing other duties as necessary
This role is integral to the operations and goals of the Department of Athletics Recreation. The role will provide front line services to students, faculty, staff, and community users. Students working in this role are required to provide first-class customer service and professionalism while assisting facility patrons in person and over the phone. As a first contact to UBC Athletics and Recreation facilities, it is vitally important the student assists our patrons in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
This position reports directly to the Facility and Programs Manager. These positions work under direct supervision both independently and in a team environment. The employee works under a set of policies and procedures and is expected to defer to the supervisor when any judgment or decision making outside these parameters is required. The role maintains regular contact with the supervisor through email, phone and in-person interactions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year minimum post-secondary education or work in related field
- Previous experience with events an asset
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Willing to obtain First Aid certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to initiate, learn quickly, exercise sound judgment to solve problems based on training provided
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to confidently speak to large groups of people
- Enthusiastic, organized and responsible
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Applicants not completing this will not be considered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Book your wedding, private event, corporate meeting or retreat, holiday party or more for 2018 or 2019. Inquire (604) 827-2011 or email@example.com
NOTICE OF CONSTRUCTION FOR NEW RIVER ROAD AND THE RIVERGREEN PROJECT
Starting January 21st, 2013 and continuing through August 2013, Tybo Contracting Ltd. Will begin construction on the New River Road and the associated underground civil works from Hollybridge Way through Gilbert Road, to River Road, east of the Dinsmore Bridge.
Some traffic delays may result in the area with more extensive work in the intersection occurring at night. We recommend the general public use alternate routes during this time.
Hours of work during the day will be 7am to 6pm with the night work to be announced.
Background: The portion of River Road that runs in front of the Oval, will continue northward in a straight line through Hollybridge to the end of the construction areas there and then will veer to the left and meet up with the current stretch of river road north of the Dinsmore Bridge. The stretch of River Road that currently runs from the Dinsmore to where it veers left onto Hollybridge will become parkland through this process.
How to access the UBC Boathouse:
Heading north on No. 3 Road, turn left at Cambie Road, left at River Road.
Heading south on No. 3 Road, turn right at Cambie Road, left at River Road.
From the Dinsmore Bridge:
The old River Road will be open until the new River Road is open.
Old River Road: coming off the Dinsmore, take your first right at Lansdowne Road, right onto Hollybridge Road. Straight through the stop signs and the road veers left taking you onto River Road.
New River Road stretch: coming off the Dinsmore, take your first right at Lansdowne Road, right onto Hollybridge Road. At the stop signs, turn right onto River Road. After a block or so, it will veer to the left and join the existing River Road section and the Boathouse will be on your left.
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.