JOHN M.S. LECKY UBC BOATHOUSE JOB DESCRIPTION
DEPARTMENT: Athletics & Recreation
FACILITY: John M.S. Lecky UBC Boathouse
POSITION TITLES: Venue Coordinator
POSITION TYPE: Part Time/Casual
TOTAL # OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 2
The John M.S. Lecky UBC Boathouse requires Venue Coordinators to assist corporate and wedding clients with medium to large events. Job responsibilities include: overseeing the safety of both guests and the facility, opening and closing the building, setting up and taking down all the tables and chairs, assisting clients with audio-visual (AV) needs, performing facility maintenance as needed, ensuring that the building is respected and that clients and their guests are adhering to the rules and guidelines. Must be available evenings and weekends including holidays.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provide exceptional customer support to building users and guests
- Answer customer inquiries via phone, e-mail, and in person.
- Assist clients with AV and other needs
- Assisting with set-up, organization and preparation for all major events happening at the UBC Boathouse
- Lift or move heavy objects or equipment as set up requires
- Process cash, credit and debit transactions accurately
- Inventory counting and checking
- Minor maintenance and cleaning tasks as necessary
- Filing and various administrative tasks
- Registering customers for memberships and programs using CLASS software
- Uphold and enforce facility policies and procedures
- Attendance at all mandatory staff meetings
- Performing other duties as necessary
This role is integral to the operations and goals of the Department of Athletics Recreation. The role will provide front line services to students, faculty, staff, and community users. Students working in this role are required to provide first-class customer service and professionalism while assisting facility patrons in person and over the phone. As a first contact to UBC Athletics and Recreation facilities, it is vitally important the student assists our patrons in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
This position reports directly to the Facility and Programs Manager. These positions work under direct supervision both independently and in a team environment. The employee works under a set of policies and procedures and is expected to defer to the supervisor when any judgment or decision making outside these parameters is required. The role maintains regular contact with the supervisor through email, phone and in-person interactions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year minimum post-secondary education or work in related field
- Previous experience with events an asset
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Willing to obtain First Aid certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Able to work in a team environment and independently
- Ability to initiate, learn quickly, exercise sound judgment to solve problems based on training provided
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to confidently speak to large groups of people
- Enthusiastic, organized and responsible
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Applicants not completing this will not be considered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.